Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2:00 pm Tuesday: About the 4-to-a-room limit

Diane has already received an inquiry about her last update – stating that no more than four people can be in one hotel room. I am just repeating what I am being told by national. I have copied, below, a question submitted to the housing authority by another affiliate and the response that was given to them.

While I don’t necessarily agree with all of the “rules” – it is my responsibility to pass this information on to Team Iowa members as it becomes available to me. I am more than willing to ask questions on behalf of our team members, but remember, Affiliate staff and local team managers do not make the rules – nor do we have the ability to influence the answers – but we will do our best to get answers to your questions.

I hope this clears up any questions some of you may have about the # of people able to register for one hotel room.

>>> Paula Huffman 2/17/2008 11:37 AM >>>
I noticed on the housing form that each individual in a room is asked
to complete a registration form. Yet it appears there is no
opportunity for a family of "five" to do that. The form indicates only
four people per room. I have two transplanted children who have both
parents and 2 siblings who want to accompany them. How should such
families register in compliance with the instructions?

Thanks,
Paula Huffman
Virginia

Hi Paula,

Unfortunately the hotel reservations only allows 4 people per room. This person would need to make 2 reservations and request connecting rooms. Everyone 3 and over will need to be added to the reservation.

Thanks,
Susie

Susie Brenner
Housing & Registration Account Manager

No comments: